This is a concept that no matter how many times we hear or read about, becomes elusive and we forget. So here is a first of two part series that I have done last year, reblogging here as a reminder…As always – comments would be greatly appreciated.
“Surrender” – supposedly a highest spiritual concept, throws many people off, making them hold & clutch even more tightly to what they have, feel, do and experience through struggles, despite struggles.
“Surrender” – is a loaded word.
Does Surrender mean –
- I put a stop to my doing?
- Inactive navel gazing waiting for the final moment to arrive?
- Losing control?
- Gutless, Spineless and Passionless?
- Inactive and Indifferent?
- Losing my identity and becoming this nameless, formless blob like Jello, waiting to be shaped, molded and tossed around?
Is my identity and existence only palpable through life’s anxieties, worries, pains, disappointments as well as felt joy, happiness and passion?
What am I surrendering, who am I surrendering to?
These questions rise like a tidal wave of resistance from within at the mere mention of the word.
Surrender means relinquishing and the popular way of defining it is as a defeat. The normal…
View original post 354 more words